Routine access to the centralized animal facilities is restricted to ensure the safety of UAC’s animal care staff, research personnel and the research animals. All investigators and laboratory personnel must be on an approved IACUC animal protocol and complete specific training to be given access to the animal facilities.
Requesting Facility Access
- Complete the UAC Card Access/Room Key Request form.
- Go to the CatCard Office for a finger print scanned if not already done.
- PIN numbers are required for some facilities. If you do not have a PIN number, email email@example.com to get that set up.
- Once you have completed the request form and met all the requirements it will take 24 to 48 hours for your access to be activated.
- Facility access is limited to the hours of 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. (including weekends and holidays). Specific exceptions may be granted when required by an approved animal protocol.
- You will be notified once your paperwork has been processed and ready for you to pick up.
CatCard Safety Information
- Always secure your CatCard in a safe place.
- Remember your card is for your use only. DO NOT SHARE ACCESS CARDS!
- Report misplaced or lost CatCards immediately to the UA CatCard Office (520-626-9162).
Access and Compliance Requirements
- You must be listed on an active protocol.
- All required IACUC modules/hands-on training must be completed. If you have questions visit the IACUC website.
- Persons whose employment is terminated will lose their animal facility access privileges.
- Any person in a centralized animal facility who is not authorized will be asked to identify himself/herself and to leave the facility.